Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : Maths Set - 70
1. A pipe of diameter d can drain a certain water tank in 40 minutes. The time taken by a pipe of diameter 2d for doing the same job is
(a) 5 minutes
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 20 minutes
(d) 80 minutes
2. A contractor undertakes to make a road in 40 days and employs 25 men. After 24 days, he finds that only onethird of the road is made. How many extra men should he employ so that he is able to complete the work 4 days earlier?
(d) None of these
3. A can do a work in 15 days and B in 20 days.If they together work on it for 4 days, then the fraction of the work that is left is
4. A tap can empty a tank in one hour. A second tap can empty it in 30 minutes. If both the taps operate simultaneously, how much time is needed to empty the tank?
(a) 20 minutes
(b) 30 minutes
(c) 40 minutes
(d) 45 minutes
5. The perimeter of the top of a rectangular table is 28m., whereas its area is 48m2. What is the length of its diagonal?
(b) 10 m.
(d) 12.5 m.
6. The volume of a right circular cylinder whose height is 40cm, and circumference of its base is 66 cm, is
(a) 55440 cm3
(b) 3465 cm3
(c) 7720 cm3
(d) 13860 cm3
7. ABC is a triangle with base AB. D is a point on AB such that AB = 5 and DB = 3. What is the ratio of the area of AADC to the area of
8. A sum of Rs. 1600/- gives a simple interest of Rs. 252/ in 2 years and 3 months. The rate of interest per annum is:
9. A sum of Rs.400/- amounts to Rs. 480/- in 4 years. What will it amount to if the rate of interest is increased by 2%?
(a) Rs. 484
(b) Rs. 560
(c) Rs. 512
(d) None of these
10. The marked price of a watch was Rs. 720/-. A man bought the same for Rs. 550.80, after getting two successive discounts, the first at 10%. What was the second discount rate?
1. (a) 2. (d) 3. (a) 4. (d) 5. (a) 6. (c) 7. (a) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (c)