Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General Knowledge Set - 78
1. Which of the following districts is on the international border of India?
(b) West Khasi Hills
2. Laterite soil develops as a result of:
(a) deposits of alluvial
(b) deposits of loss
(d) continued vegetation cover
3. The food chain refers to the transfer of energy from:
(a) the interior of the earth to the surface
(b) lower to higher latitudes
(c) one organism to another
(d) organisms of the land to those of the sea by means of river
4. Which one of the following types of erosion is responsible for the formation of Chambal Ravines?
5. The variety of coffee largely grown in India is:
(a) Old Chicks
6. Under which plan did the Government introduce an agricultural strategy which gave rise to Green Revolution?
(a) Sixth Five-Year Plan (FYP)
(b) Second FYP
(c) Fourth FYP
(d) Third FYP
7. Which one of the following is NOT an example of indirect tax?
(a) Sales tax
(b) Excise duty
(c) Customs duty
(d) Expenditure tax
8. The major aim of devaluation is to:
(a) encourage imports
(b) encourage exports
(c) encourage both exports and imports
(d) discourage both exports and imports
9. Interest on public debt is ‘a part of:
(a) transfer payments by the enterprises
(b) transfer payments by the Govt.
(c) national income
(d) interest payments by households
10. Structural unemployment arises due to:
(a) deflationary conditions
(b) heavy industry bias
(c) shortage of raw materials
(d) inadequate productive capacity
1. (b) 2. (c) 3. (c) 4. (d) 5. (c) 6. (d) 7. (d) 8. (b) 9. (b) 10. (d)