Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set - 76
1. One time associate of Mahatma Gandhi, broke off from him and launched a
radical movement called ‘selfrespect movement’. Who was he ?
(a) P. Thyagaraja Shetti
(b) Chhatrapati Maharaj
(c) E.V. Ramaswamy Naicker
(d) Jyotirao Govindrao Phule
2. The first attempt to introduce a representative and popular element in
the governance of India was made through:
(a) Indian Council Act, 1861
(b) Indian Council Act, 1892
(c) Indian Council Act, 1909
(d) Government of India Act, 1919
3. What did Jyotiba Phule’s Satyashodhak Samaj attempt in the last
(a) Saving the lower castes from hypocritical Brahmans and their
(b) Attacking the caste system
(c) Led an anti-landlord and antimahajan upsurge in Satara
(d) Separate representation for untouchables
4. In which of the following movements did Mahatma Gandhi make the first
use of Hunger Strike as a weapon?
(a) Non-Cooperation Movement, 1920-22
(b) Rowlatt Satyagraha, 1919
(c) Ahmedabad Strike, 1918
(d) Bardoli Satyagraha
5. Anglo-Nubian is a breed of:
6. What kind of soil is treated with gypsum to make it suitable for
(d) Soil with excessive clay content
7. Where is the world’s first Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Power
Project proposed to be set up?
8. Where is Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake in the world,
9. Who was the ‘man of the series’ at the four-nation ODI LG Cup, 1999
tournament held at Nairobi?
(a) Sourav Ganguli
(b) Lance Klusener
(c) Lance Gibbs
(d) Vijay Bharadwaj
10. A winner of three gold and one silver medals at the 1998 Olympics, was
a living legend until September 1998 when she died at the young age of 38. Who
is this athlete?
(a) Dotorez Florence Griffith
(b) Florence Griffith Joyner
(c) Jackie Joyner Kersee
(d) None of the above
1. (d) 2. (c) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (d) 6. (b) 7. (b) 8. (c) 9.
(a) 10. (b)