Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set -51
1. The gas used for artificial fruit ripening of green fruit is -
2. Optic fibres are used in
(a) CAT scans
(b) X-ray photos
(c) Ultrasound scans
3. The three elements most needed in common fertilisers are
(a) Sulphur, Phosphorous and Sodium
(b) Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorous
(c) Phosphorous, Sodium and Nitrogen
(d) Calcium, Phosphorous and Potassium
4. What was the ultimate goal of Mahatma Gandhi’s Salt Satyagraha?
(a) repeal of Salt Satyagraha
(b) curtailment of the Government’s power
(c) economic relief to the common people
(d) ‘Purna Swaraj’ for India
5. Who persuaded the ratings of the RIN (Royal India Navy) to surrender on
the 23rd February 1946?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel and M.A. Jinnah
(d) Morarji Desai and J.B. Kripalani
6. On September 20,.1932 Mahatma Gandhi began a fast unto death in Yervada
(a) British repression of the Satyagrahis.
(b) Violation of the GandhiIrwin Pact.
(c) Communal award of Ramsay MacDonald.
(d) Communal riots in Calcutta.
7. In 1939, for the first time, Gandhiji tried out his specific techniques
of controlled mass struggle in a native state. He allowed a close associate of
his to lead a satyagraha. Who was he?
(a) K. T. Bhashyam in Mysore
(b) Jamnalal Bajaj in Jaipur
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel in Rajkot
(d) Nebakrushna Chaudhri in Dhenkanal
8. What is Obra known for?
(a) a new refinery
(b) a new aluminium plant
(c) a bird sanctuary
(d) a thermal power station
9. What is NABARD’s primary role?
(a) to provide term loans to state co-operative banks
(b) to assist state governments for share capital contribution
(c) to act as refinance institution
(d) All of the above
10. Where is the National Institute of Excellence in the field of
Information Technology and Allied Sciences proposed to be set up?
1. (b) 2. (d) 3. (b) 4. (d) 5. (c)
6. (c) 7. (c) 8. (d) 9. (d) 10. (b)