Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT(ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set -49
1. The maximum area under crops in India is used for the cultivation of:
2. Investment is equal to:
(a) gross total of all types of physical capital assets
(b) gross total of all capital assets minus wear and tear
(c) stock of plants, machines and equipments
(d) None of the above
3. The Tarapore Committee recommended that before capital account was made
convertible the rate of inflation should be brought down for three years to
4. Who among the following are not appointed by the President of India?
(a) Governors of States
(b) Chief Justice and Judges of High Court
(d) Chief Justice and Judges of Supreme Court
5. What is the period within which a proclamation of national emergency made by
the President is to be placed before each house of the Parliament for approval?
(a) within one month
(b) within two months
(c) within four months
(d) within six months
6. What was the exact constitutional position of the Indian Republic when
the Constitution was brought into force with effect from 26th January, 1950?
(a) A Democratic Republic
(b) A Sovereign Democratic Republic
(c) A Sovereign Secular Democratic Republic
(d) A Sovereign Secular Socialist Democratic Republic
7. Fabianism is closely related to:
(b) Scientific socialism
(c) Democratic socialism
8. A federal structure for India was first put forward by the
(a) Act of 1909
(b) Act of 1919
(c) Act of 1935
(d) Act of 1947
9. Which Writ is issued by a High Court or the Supreme Court to compel an
authority, to perform a function that it was not performing?
(a) Writ of
(b) Writ of Habeas Corpus
(c) Writ of Mandamus
(d) Writ of Quo Warranto
10. In case of a disagreement between the two Houses of Parliament over a
(a) the bill will lapse
(b) the President may sign it into a law
(c) the President may call a joint sitting of both the Houses to consider it.
(d) the President may ask both the Houses to reconsider it.
1. (b) 2. (a) 3. (a) 4. (c) 5. (a) 6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (c)