Model Questions for RRB LOCO PILOT (ALP) Exam : General
Knowledge Set - 40
1. Echo sounding is the technique applied to
(a) measure the depth of the sea
(b) measure the amplitude of sound waves
(c) record earthquake waves
(d) record the density of air in the atmosphere
2. Of which major river system is the Sutlej a part?
3. Rajasthan reveives very little rain because
(a) it is too hot
(b) there is no water available and thus the winds remain dry
(c) the monsoon fails to reach this area
(d) the winds do not come across any barriers to cause the necessary uplift to
cool the wind
4. Which State has the largest proportion of its net irrigation area under well
(d) West Bengal
5. Which Government agency is responsible for the mapping and exploration of
minerals in India ?
(a) Survey of India
(b) Geological Survey of India
(c) Minerals Development Corporation
(d) School of Mines
6. The largest number of cotton textile mills is in
(c) Tamil Nadu
7. Where are MIG engines assembled ?
8. Which cities were first connected by the STD services?
(a) Delhi and Mumhal
(b) Delhi and Kolkata
(c) Kanpur and Delhi
(d) Kanpur and Lucknow
9. Which part of the Himalayas has the maximum stretch from east to West ?
(a) Kumaun Himalayas
(b) Assam Himalayas
(c) Punjab Himalayas
(d) Nepal Himalayas
10. The standard time of a country differs from the GMT in multiples of
(a) Two hours
(b) One hour
(c) Half hour
(d) Four minutes
1. (a) 2. (a) 3. (d) 4. (c) 5. (c) 6. (c) 7. (a) 8. (d) 9. (d)