(Paper) RRB -Allahabad: ASM Exam Solved Question Paper
(Paper) RRB -Allahabad: ASM Exam Solved Question Paper
Time Allowed : 90 Minutes
Maximum Marks: 75
Read the following instruction carefully before you begin to answer the questions.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
1. This Booklet contains 75 questions in all comprising the following three parts:
Part –A: General Awareness (25 Questions)
Part –B : Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions)
Part –C : General Intelligence &Reasoning (25 Questions)
2. All questions are compulsory and carry equal marks.
3. The paper carries negative marking 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
4. You will be supplied the Answer-Sheet separately by the Invigilator. You must complete the details of Name, Roll Number, Test ID and name of the examination on the Answer-Sheet carefully. You must also put your signature on the Answer-Sheet at the prescribed place before you actually start answering the questions. These instructions must be fully complied with, failing which, your Answer-Sheet will not be evaluated and you will be awarded ‘ZERO’ mark.
5. Answer must be shown by completely blackening the corresponding ovals on the Answer-Sheet against the relevant question number by Black/Blue Ball Point Pen only. Answers which are not shown by Black/Blue Ball-point Pen will not be awarded any mark.
6. A machine will read the coded information in the OMR Answer-Sheet. In case the information is incomplete or different from the information given in the application form, such candidate will be awarded ‘ZERO’ mark.
7. The Answer-Sheet must be handed over to the Invigilator before you leave the Examination-Hall.
8. Failure to comply with any of the above instructions will render a candidate liable to such action/penalty as may be deemed fit.
9. Answer the questions as quickly and as carefully as you can. Some questions may be difficult and others easy. Do not spend too much time on any question.
10. No rough work is to be done on the Answer-Sheet.]
11. “Mobile phones and wireless communication devices are completely banned in the examination halls/rooms. Candidates are advised not to keep mobile phones/any other wireless communication devices with them even switching it off, in their own interest. Failing to comply with this provision will be considered as using unfair means in the examination and action will be taken against them including cancellation of their candidature.
1. Prambikulam Dam has been an issue of dispute between
A) Karnataka and Kerala
B) Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
C) Tamil Nadu and Kerala
D) Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
2. India's maximum tax revenue comes from
A) Corporation tax
B) Income tax
C) Excise duty
D) Customs duty
3. Thomas Cup is associated with
C) Lawn Tennis
D) Table Tennis
4. Who wrote the book, Never Gandhi Not Again?
A) R.K. Narayan
B) Omesh Saigal
C) Arun Shourie
D) Narsirnha Rao
5. The cost price of 18 articles is equal to the selling price of 15 articles. The gain per cent is
6. A is the father of X. B is the mother of Y. The sister of X and Z is Y. Which of the following statements is not true?
A) B is the wife of A
B) B has one daughter
C) Y is the son of A
D) X is the sister of Z
7. X told Y, "It is true that I am your real brother, but you are not my sister". How would Y be possibly related to X?
D) Cannot be determined
8. From the given choices, select the one which can be formed by using the letters of the given word :
9. From the given choices, select the one which can be formed by using the letters of the given word:
10. A pipe of diameter 'd' can drain a certain water tank in 40 minutes. The time taken by a pipe of diameter '2d' for doing the same job is
A) 50 min.
B) 10 min.
C) 20 min.
D) 80 min.
11. For the implantation of ovum in the ovaries, the hormone produced is
D) None of these
12. In human body the ratio of Red Blood Corpuscles and White Blood Corpuscles is ....
A) 300 : 1
B) 400 : 1
C) 500 : 1
D) 600 : 1
13. One of the digestive juices that lacks enzymes but aids digestion is
B) Succus entericus
14. Which of the following planets has been named after the Roman goddess of love?
15. The Swine Flu virus is denoted by
16. Which type of economy exists in India?
17. National Stock Exchange is located in
D) New Delhi
18. Which of the following pollutes the air of big cities?
D) Copper Oxide
19. What is Zero Hour?
A) When the Parliament discusses the proposals of
B) Time of recess
C) It is the Question Hour
D) None of these
20. The session of Parliament is called …………. (minimum) in a year
B) four times
C) six times
21. Echo is heard when the reflecting surface is
A) of less volume
B) of large area
C) of less area
D) of large volume
22. The substance coated on plastic tape recorder tapes is
A) Zinc oxide
B) Magnesium oxide
C) Iron sulphate
D) Iron oxide
23. Dronacharya Award is presented to a
A) Sports coach
B) Chess champion
C) Hockey player
D) Cricket player
24. 'A Bond with the Mountains' is a collection of short stories by
A) Khushwant Singh
B) Ruskin Bond
C) Graham Greene
D) R.K. Narayan
25. Which country patented its famous automatic rifle Kalashnikov?
26. 12 copies of a book were sold for Rs. 1800, thereby gaining the cost price of 3 copies. The cost price of a copy is
A) Rs. 120
B) Rs. 150
C) Rs. 1200
D) Rs. 150027.
27.A sum of money was invested at a certain rate for 2 years. Had it been invested at 3% higher rate of interest, it would have fetched Rs.450 more. The sum invested was
A) Rs. 7500
B) Rs. 600
C) Rs. 5000
D) Rs. 4500
28. A sum of money put out at compound interest amounts to Rs.16900 in 2 years and to Rs. 17576 in 3 years. Find the rate of interest per annum.
29. On what sum of money will the compound interest for 3 years at 5% per annum amount to Rs. 630.50?
A) Rs. 1200
B) Rs. 1261
C) Rs. 4000
D) Rs. 3000
30. A sum of Rs. 625 is made up of 80 currency notes which are of either Rs. 10 or Rs. 5 denomination. The number of Rs. 10 notes are
31. The average age of 8 persons in a committee is increased by 2 years when two men whose ages are 35 years and 45 years are replaced by two women. The average age of two women is (in years)
32. One-fourth of a certain journey was covered at an average speed of 45km/hr; one third at the speed of 48 km/hour and the remaining journey at the speed of 50 km/ hour. The average speed of the whole journey in km/hour. is
33. Visitors to a show were charged Rs.150.00 each on the first day, Rs.75.00 on the second day and Rs.25.00 on the third day and the total attendance on the three days were in the ratio 2 : 5 : 13 The average charge per person for the whole show is
A) Rs. 75.00
B) Rs. 60.00
C) Rs. 50.00
D) Rs. 55.00
34. Preeti has a son, named Arun. Ram is Preeti's brother: Neeta too has a daughter named Reema. Neeta is Ram's sister. What is Aurn's relationship to Reema?
35. Pointing to a woman a man said, "Her mother is the, only daughter of my mother:" How is the man related to the woman?
C) Paternal Uncle
D) Maternal Uncle
36. Which of the following rivers does not fall into Bay of Bengal?
37. Pitty and organic soils are found in
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
38. The highest peak of south India is
B) Doda Beta
39. If the length of a simple pendulum is doubled, its time period will
C) remain constant
D) None of these
40. Which of the following reacts sharply with oxygen?
41. Bees and houseflies are related to the group
D) None of these
42. Choose the odd one in the following.
43. The first grand slam tennis tournament of the year is
A) Wimbledon Open
B) US Open
C) French Open
D) Australian Open
44. At Kelvin scale, the normal temperature of human body is
45. The monopolistic rule of East India Company was brought under the direct control of British Empire in
46. Of the three numbers, second is twice the first and is also thrice the third. If the average of the three numbers is 44, the largest number is
47. Of the three numbers whose average is 60, the first is one fourth of the sum of the others. The first number is ...
48. The average of a family of 5 members is 24 years. If the age of youngest member is 6 years, find the verage age of the family at the birth of the youngest member.
A) 23 1/2 years
B) 20 years
C) 22 1/2 years
D) 18 years
49. 9 men went to a hotel 8 of them spent Rs. 30 each over their meals and then 9th spent Rs. 20 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. The total money spent by them was
A) Rs. 292.50
B) Rs. 272.50
C) Rs. 312.50
D) Rs. 325.50
50. In a cricket team of eleven players, one player weighing 42 kg. is injured and his place is taken by another player. If the average weight of the team is increased by 100 grams as a result of this, then the weight of the new player is
A) 43.1 kg.
B) 43.01 kg.
C) 43.50 kg.
D) 42.9 kg.
Directions (Qns. 51-55): In each of the following questions, find the next term to fill the blank space indicated by '?' mark.
51. 20, 32, 45, 59, 74, ?
52. 210, 195, 175. 150, 120, ?
53. 3, 5, 10, 12, 24, 26, ?
54. 3, 8, 15, 24, 35, ?
55. 5, 16, 49, 148, ?
56. How many sovereign countries are members of the United Nations?
57. Who received one of Pakistan's highest civilian awards Nishane-Imtiaz for his extraordinary contribution in the field of art?
A) Amitabh Bachchan
B) Nasiruddin Shah
C) M.E Hussain
D) Dilip Kumar
58. The book "The Insider" is written by
A) P.V. Narasimha Rao
B) Shobha De
C) Vikram. Chandra
D) Khushwant Singh
59. Which of the following is not related to vitamin 'B' complex group?
C) Folic acid
60. Bhatnagar Award is given for significant contribution in the field of
D) Science and Technology
61. Golda Meir was the woman Prime Minister of
C) Sri Lanka
62. How many members are nominated by the President for the Council of States?
63. Magellan Strait is located between/at
A) Pacific and South Atlantic Oceans
B) the south and end of Africa
C) China and Japan
D) the south end of South America
64. Who was the founder of the Satya Shodhak Samaj'?
A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
B) Sri Narayan Guru
C) Jyotirao Phule
D) Ishwarchand Vidyasagar
65. Which of the following does not touch the boundary of Myanmar'?
66. Parliamentary elections in India were not held in
67. Ghumar is a folk dance of
A) Jammu and Kashmir
C) Himachal Pradesh
68. National Metallurgical Laboratory is located in
69. The language of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep is
70. Rajiv Gandhi KhelRatna award 2004 was given to
A) P. T. Usha
C) Rajya Vardhan Rathore
D) Anju Bobby George
71. A certain job was assigned to a group of men to do in 20 days. But 12 men did not turn up for the job and the remaining men did the job in 32 days. The original number of men in the group was
72. A certain number of men can do a work in 60 days. If there were 8 men more it could be finished in 10 days less. How many men were there in the beginning?
73. 12 men and 18 boys working 7 1/2 hours a day can do a certain work in 60 days. If one man works equal to 2 boys, then the number of boys required to help 21 men to do twice the work in 50 days, working 9 hours a day, will be
74. The average expenditure of a man for the first five months is Rs. 1200 and for the next seven months is Rs.1300. Find his monthly average income if he saves Rs. 2900 during the year?
A) Rs. 1500
B) Rs. 1475
C) Rs. 1450
D) Rs. 1425
75. The average temperature for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was 40°C. The average for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 41°C. If on Thursday temperature is 45°C, what was it on Monday?