(Papers) RRB Group D : Exam Paper & Answer Key Set-1
26. The source of the Sun’s energy is the process of:
(a) Photoelectric emission
(b) Nuclear fission
(c) Nuclear fusion
(d) Thermionic emission
27. Which of the following is not a stringed instrument ?
28. Who created the unforgettable literary character ‘Swami’?
(a) Vikram Seth
(b) R.K. Narayan
(c) Mulk Raj Anand
(d) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
29. Which of the following cities lies to the western-most longitude ?
30. Supersonic jet causes pollution by thinning of
(a) O3 layer
(b) O2 layer
(c) SO2 layer
(d) CO2 layer
31. What is the animal on the insignia of the RBI ?
32. Which part of India is linked to the border by the Hindustan-Tibet road ?
(c) North Bengal
(d) Kashmir Valley
33. Which of the following political groupings has won the highest number of Assembly seats at the general elections held in September-October, 2002 in Jammu and Kashmir ?
(a) Peoples Democratic Party
(b) Indian National Congress
(c) National Conference
(d) Peoples Democratic Front
34. Which is the hottest planet of the solar system?
35. The element which is the. most abundant in the human body is-
36. ‘Kuchipudi dance originated in
(a) Andhra Pradesh
37. Night blindness results from the deficiency of -
38. The details of statecraft are available in the following treatise -
(a) Dharma Shastra
(b) Nyaya Shastra
(c) Artha Shastra
(d) Niti Shastra
39. The country that has come forward to mediate in Sri Lanka is:
40. The Legislative Council in a State in India may be created or abolished by the
(a) President on the recommendation of the Governor
(c) Parliament after the State Legislative Assembly passes a resolution to that effect.
(d) Governor on a recommendation by the State Cabinet
41. The lengthiest Constitution in the world is
42. No Money bill can be introduced in the Lok Sabha without the prior approval of the
(c) Prime Minister
(d) Finance Minister
43. When did the British Govt. starl ruling India directly ?
(a) After the Battle of Plassey
(b) After the Battle of Panipat
(c) After the War of Mysore
(d) After Sepoy Mutiny
44. The term ‘secular’ was added in the Preamble to theIndian Constitution by
(a) 41st Amendment
(b) 42nd Amendment
(c) 43rd Amendment
(d) 44th Amendment
45. Which of the following is not a Fundamental Right ?
(a) Right to Equality
(b) Right to Liberty
(c) Right against Exploitation
(d) Right to Property
46. The major harmful gas emitted by automobile vehicle which causes air pollution is
(a) Carbon Monoxide
(c) Carbon dioxide
(d) Ozone gas
47. Who finally approves the draft Five Year Plan ?
(a) Planning Commission
(c) National Development Council
(d) Parliament and State Legislatures
48. The deciding authority of States share in central taxes is the
(a) Finance Commission
(b) Planning Commission
(c) Election Commission
(d) Finance Minister
49. The meausre of a worker’s real wage is
(a) The change in his productivity over a given time
(b) His earnings after deductionat source
(c) His daily earnings
(d) The purchasing power of his earnings
50. Which country is the latest to join the U.N. as a member?
(b) Hong Kong
(d) East Timor
51. How many feet has a crab got?
(a) 12 (b) 10
(c) 8 (d) 6
52. When was the Public Service Commission, the original version of the U.P.S.C. set up?
(a) 1st October, 1926
(b) 1st April, 1937
(c) 15th August, 1947
(d) 26th January, 1950
53. The main source of revenue for a State Government in India is
(a) Sales tax
(b) Excise duty
(c) Income tax
(d) Property tax
54. Where is the Swami Narayan temple, Akshar-dham located ?
(a) Dwaraka, Gujarat
(b) Puri, Orissa
(c) Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
(d) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
55. Which one of the following is found only in women ?
56. Gamma rays can cause
(a) gene mutation
57. Which one of the following is NOT a function of kidney ?
(a) Regulation of blood pH
(b) Removal of metabolic wastes from the body
(c) Production of antibodies
(d) Regulation of osmotic pressures of the blood
58. Water in plants is transported by
59. Which State of India has the largest reserves of monazite, with a high thorium content ?
60. The Indian Wild Ass (GhorKhur) is found in
(b) Assam forests
(c) The Rann of Kuchh
(d) Kaveri delta
61. Name the Jnanpith Award (2000) and National Award (1996 ) winner famous bengali writer who passed away recently.
(a) Bani Basu
(b) Suchitra Bhattacharya
(c) Tilottama Majumder
(d) Pritama Thakur
62. Name the indo-origin Lawmaker who has been elected by the Labor to replace Steve Whan in the New South Wales Upper House, making him the states “first politician of Indian origin in Australia”
(a) Hamilton murray
(b) Sebastian Vette
(c) Andy Smith
(d) Daniel Mookhey
63. Which State government is planning to install water ATM’s under “Samajwadi Shudha Payjal Yojna” at most of the bus stations, which will provide portable water at the rate of rupee one per litre and cold water at rate of
rupee two per litre?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
64. Reserve Bank of India has directed all leading banks to appoint internal ombudsman to improve their customer service ,Recently.The Banking Ombudsman–
(a) is in charge of bank loans for buses
(b) fixes the rates of interest for loans
(c) resolves complaints of customers
(d) issues licences for new bank branches
65. In which city Strategic Petroleum Reserves by Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Ltd (ISPRL), is getting ready for commissioning later this year ?
66. The Narendra Modi govt. has appointed 4 new governors.Which of the following pair is not correct
(a) Jharkhand – Droupadi Murmu
(b) Arunachal Pradesh -J P Rajkhowa
(c) Tripura: Tathagata Roy
(d) Meghalaya : Syed Ahmed
67. Name the First Asian woman who has been appointed as mayor in UK.
(a) Harbhajan Kaur Dheer
(b) Ranjana Mehta (c) Usha Mahajan
(d) Ankita Kumari
68. Name the Picasso’s painting that has become the most expensive painting to sell at auction, going for 179.3 million dollar at Christie’s in New York.
(a) The old guitarist
(b) The Blue room
(c) Woman of Algiers
(d) Boy Leading a a Horse
69. PM Modi has shared specially created web-pages, on his upcoming visit to 3 countries. choose the incorrect option
(a) CHINA link-http://www.narendramodi.in/china_home
(b) MANGOLIA link- http://www.narendramodi.in/mongolia_home
(c) SOUTH KOREA link- http://www.narendramodi.in/southkorea_home
(d) BRAZIL link http://www.narendramodi.in/brazil_home
70. Judo union of Asia (J.U.A.) has elected Judo Federation of India President ..................... as the general secretary.
(a) Nikhil Singh
(b) Mukesh kumar
(c) Anuj Rao
(d) Deepak Yadav
71. Name the scheme under which Health Minister Mr JP Nadda has launched 5 cleanliness awards (2 best district hospitals, 2 best Community Health Centres or CHC, one award for PHC or Primary Health Centre).
72. India’s Rank in Human Capital Index is
73. Name the 8th standard Indian-American student who has won the prestigious “ National Geographic Bee Championship” after competing against 10 finalists from across USA, at National Geographic headquarters.
(a) Karan Menon
(b) Suraj Malik
(c) Dheeraj Sethi
(d) Rohit Aggrawal
74. RBI has relaxed 2-factors authentication norms for contactless cards upto Rs. 2,000 using NFC enabled credit and debit cards.Expand NFC.
(a) Near field communication
(b) Near free communication
(c) Near focusing communication
(d) Near field contact
75. Which state has become the first ever state in the country to issue Soil Health Cards or SHC to the farmers, a government initiative to all the farmers in the state ?
(b) Uttar Pradesh
Answer Keys :
26. (c) 27. (c) 28. (b) 29. (b) 30. (a) 31. (a) 32. (d) 33. (d) 34. (b) 35. (b) 36. (a) 37. (d) 38. (d) 39. (b) 40. (a) 41. (a) 42. (b) 43. (d) 44. (b) 45. (d) 46. (a) 47. (c) 48. (a) 49. (a) 50. (d) 51. (d) 52. (a) 53. (b) 54. (d) 55. (c) 56. (a) 57. (c) 58. (d) 59. (a) 60. (c) 61. (b) 62. (d) 63. (b) 64. (c) 65. (b) 66. (d) 67. (a) 68. (c) 69. (d) 70. (b) 71. (b) 72. (c) 73. (a) 74. (a) 75. (d)