(Download) Railway Recruitment Board : Junior Engineer
(JE) Exam Papers-25-MAY-2019
1. Which of the following teams won the final in Vijay-Hazare Trophy 2018?
2. What day of the week will 1 January 2022 be?
3. The radius of a sphere is 3 times the radius of a cylinder. If their
volumes are equal, find the height of the cylinder.
A) 27 times its radius
B) 3 times its radius
C) 36 times its radius
D) Equal to its radius
4. Which of the following districts won the platinum of Web Ratna Award in
Digital India Awards 2018?
5. What is the shape of the Cocci bacteria?
D) Rod shaped
6. Find the ODD one out from the given options.
A) 171, 19
B) 162, 18
C) 304, 16
D) 117, 13
7. Choose from the alternative the figure that best completes the pattern
8. Simplify sin 3A/ sin A + cos 3A / cos A
A) 2 Sin A
B) 4 Cos 2 A
C) 2 Cos A
9. Vedha walked 15 m from point A in the east direction and turned south and
walked 8 m to reach point B. What is the distance between point A and point B?
A) 15 m
B) 12 m
C) 18 m
D) 17 m
10. A group of more than three atoms carrying a charge is known as _________
A) Tri atomic
C) Mono atomic
D) Di atomic
11. What is the aim of the 'Young Scientist Programme' for students, which
was recently launched by ISRO?
A) To impart basic knowledge of biology
B) To impart basic knowledge of space technology
C) To impart basic knowledge of research
D) To impart basic knowledge of computers
12. If a/b is a fraction, where a = b - 3 and (a + 10)/b - a/b = 10/7, then
13. Which of the following former Indian Presidents served for the shortest
A) Dr. Zakir Husain
B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
C) Neelam S. Reddy
D) R. Venkataraman
14. Choose the alternative that best replacae the question mark(?) in the
15. If 3(2/5) + 1(2/9) = 4(4/5) - a, find the value of 'a'.
16. Which of these diseases is communicable?
17. Find the ODD one out from the given options.
18. The acceleration experienced by an object during a free fall is
independent of its-
19. If a convex lens forms a real inverted same size image at 30cm, then the
object is placed _____ in front of the lens.
A) 10 cm
B) 20 cm
C) 40 cm
D) 30 cm
20.A certain sum of money invested at Compound Interest, compounded
annually, amounts to Rs.338 at the rate of 4% per annum for 2 years. Find the
21. K-shell is the ___________ energy level.
22. Choose the figure that best represents the relationships among the
classes given below.
Teachers, Language, Hindi, Educated
23. Simplify: (5 + 0.5 + 0.005 + 0.0005 + 0.05) × 2
24. How is the ammeter connected in all circuits to measure current flowing
A) In series
B) In line
D) In parallel
25. Which satellite is dedicated as India's first multi wavelength space
26. If in a certain code 'COLOURED' is written as 'XDPDNAQZ', then how will
'ORDER' be written in that code?
27. What digit will come in the place of 'a' in the number 1a5a01, if it is
divisible by 11?
28. Simplify : 5 + 4 × 5² + 4 × 53 + 4 × 54 + 4 × 55
29. P and Q can do a work individually in 15 days and 20 days respectively.
Find the respective ratio of their efficiencies.
A) 4 : 3
B) 3 : 4
C) 4 : 5
D) 5 : 4
30. Which organ in the human body helps to maintain balance?
31. Which of the following is a use of ethanol?
A) In cough syrups
B) All of the options
C) In alcoholic drinks
D) Manufacturing paints
32. Gokul walks 8 km from his home towards east. He turns left to cover 2
km, and he turns right and walks 3 km. Find the distance he travelled towards
A) 14 km
B) 8 km
C) 11 km
D) 5 km
33. Which Article of Indian Constitution gives the procedure for impeachment
of the President?
A) Article 59
B) Article 61
C) Article 48
D) Article 42
34. How many squares are there in the given figure?
35. Which number will best complete the relationship given below?
6 : 24 :: 120 : ?
36. The liquid portion of blood is called-
37. Which nutrient provides the maximum energy on breakdown?
38. In which part of the human ear is amplification of sound done by 3
A) Inner ear
B) Auditory nerve
C) Middle ear
D) Outer ear
39. Complete the series.
ABZ, BCY, CDX, DEW, (…)
40. Complete the series.
B, C, F, G, J, K, (...)
41. Which Indian city is famous for the embroidery work called 'Chikankari'?
42. Archery is the national game of-
C) Sri Lanka
43. Sneha wants to go to the market. She starts from her home which is in
the north and comes to the crossing. The road to her left ends in a park and
straight ahead is the office complex, and market is located direct opposite to
the park. In which direction is the market to the crossing?
44. Find the missing number in the following series.
8 , 6 , 8 , 14 , 30 , (…) , 233
45. Find the value of sin 60°cos 30° + cos 60° sin 30°.
46. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train
starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 km/h. Another train starts
from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 km/h. At what time will
A) 9 a.m.
B) 10.30 a.m.
C) 11 a.m.
D) 10 a.m.
47. Find the wrong number in the given series.
6, 12, 21, 36, 56, 81
48. Which is the longest muscle in the body?
49. If A and B are supplymentary angles, then find the value of
Tan A + Tan B / 1- tan A tan B
50. To which of the following family of elements does potassium belong?
B) Noble gases
C) Alkaline earth metals
D) Alkali metals
51.Find the ODD one out from the given options.
52. Complete the series.
4, 4, 8, 24, 96, (…)
53. Ten years ago, the ages of father and son were in the ratio 3 : 1. Ten
years hence this ratio will be 2 : 1. What is the age of the father now?
54. Pure ghee costing Rs.100 per kilogram and vegetable oil costing Rs.50
per kilogram are mixed in some ratio and sold at Rs.96 per kilogram so as to
gain 20%. In what ratio is ghee and oil mixed?
A) 3 : 4
B) 2 : 3
C) 4 : 3
D) 3 : 2
55. Which of the following diseases is a disease of the lung?
56. According to World Health Organization, the soft water has 0 to _____
milligram per litre as CaCO3.
57. Read the following information carefully and answer the question given
A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circle facing the center. B
is third to the right of F and third to the left of H. C is fourth to the left
of A. A is not an immediate neighbor of F and B. E is not an immediate neighbor
of B. G is second to the right of D.
Which of the following pairs represents the immediate neighbors of F?
A) C and H
B) E and D
C) C and E
D) H and D
58. The price of a book was first increased by 25% and then reduced by 20%.
What is the change in its original price?
A) 5% decrease
B) 10% increase
C) No change
D) 10% decrease
59. The cooking gas (LPG) mainly consists of-
C) Propane and Butane
60. Which of these is a hill station in Rajasthan?
B) Mount Abu
61. Which organ in the human body regulates the sugar content in the blood?
A) Gall bladder
62. A vessel contains 20 litres containing milk and water in the ratio 3 :
2. Ten litres of this milk is removed and replaced with equal amount of pure
milk. If this process is repeated once again, find the final ratio of milk and
A) 5 : 3
B) 1 : 4
C) 4 : 1
D) 9 : 1
63. Which of these plants is mainly found in deserts?
64. If the selling price is doubled, then profit triples. What is the profit
65. Which of these places was founded in 1577 by Guru Ram Das?
66. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, if its
speed is 144 km/h?
A) 5 seconds
B) 12.5 seconds
C) 2.5 seconds
D) 4.25 seconds
67. Which disease is prevented with the help of Salk's vaccine?
B) Chicken pox
C) Small pox
68. Sodium metal is stored in-
69. Which of the following is NOT a celestial object?
70. The process of movement of molecules from a higher concentration place
to a lower concentration places is known as-
71. A right circular cylinder just encloses a sphere of radius 6 cm. If A
and B are their curved surface areas, then:
A) A < B
B) A = B
C) A > B
D) Cannot be determined
72. Who is the present captain of India's men National field hockey team?
A) Harmanpreet Singh
B) Manpreet Singh
C) Rupinder Pal Singh
D) Akashdeep Singh
73. In universal indicators, red colour shows a pH of-
A) 0 to 3
B) 8 to 11
C) 12 to 14
D) 4 to 7
74. P takes 10 days and Q takes 24 days to complete a work. With the help of
R, they all work together and finish it in 6 days. Find the payment they receive
out of a total remuneration of Rs.1000.
A) P-Rs.500; Q-Rs.350; R-Rs.150
B) P-Rs.600; Q-Rs.250; R-Rs.150
C) P-Rs.500; Q-Rs.400; R-Rs.100
D) P-Rs.400; Q-Rs.350; R-Rs.250
75. When a decomposition reaction is carried out by heating, it is called-
A) Electrolytic decomposition reaction
B) Thermal decomposition
C) Photo decomposition reaction
D) Non electrolytic decomposition reaction
76. If 9 # 3 @ 4 = 31 and 8 # 7 @ 2 = 58, then what will be 5 # 6 @ 7?
77. What should be the smallest integer in place of * if the number 502*693
is exactly divisible by 9?
78. Which of the following is equal to Hertz?
B) m s-2
D) m / s
79. What is the name of the border line between India and China?
A) Durand Line
B) McMahon Line
C) Radcliffe Line
D) 24th parallel
80. A sum of Rs.25000 amounts to Rs.32000 in 4 years. What is the rate of
81. Find the HCF of 513, 1134 and 1215.
82. Complete the series.
38, 35, 34, 31, 30, (…)
83. If a (a + b + c) = 45; b (a + b + c) = 75 and c ( a + b + c) = 105, then
find the value of a² + b² + c².
84. Limestone, chalk and marble are different forms of-
A) Ammonium hydroxide
B) Sodium hydroxide
C) Calcium carbonate
D) Calcium hydroxide
85. Find the least number that is divisible by 12, 18, 21, and 30.
86. What is the length of the greatest rod that can be placed in a hall 12 m
long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
A) 9 m
B) 13 m
C) 15 m
D) 18 m
87. What is the minimum temperature to which a fuel must be heated so that
it may catch fire and start burning?
A) Normal temperature
B) Ignition temperature
C) Neutral temperature
D) Boiling temperature
88. In a certain code, 'HUNTER' is coded as 'UHNTRE'. How is 'MANAGE' coded
in that code?
89. If the frequency of a sound wave is 100 Hz, then what is its time
A) 1 second
B) 0.1 second
C) 10 seconds
D) 0.01 second
90. Read the following information carefully and answer the question given
Six boys—A, B, C, D, E, F are standing in one row, and six girls—G, H, I,
J, K, L are standing in another row in such a way that each girl faces one boy,
not necessarily in the same order. G is to the immediate right of the girl who
is facing E, the boy at the extreme right. Only B is between D and E. F is to
the immediate left of A and to the immediate right of C. I is facing A and is to
the immediate left of H. L is third to the left of J.
Which of the following boys is to the immediate left of D?
91. A sum of Rs.1100 was taken as a loan. This is to be paid in two equal
instalments. If the rate of interest is 20% per annum, compounded annually, find
the amount payable in each instalment.
92. Where did Google launch its first drone delivery service in 2019?
D) United States
93. Find the least perfect square that is divisible by 21, 36 and 66.
94. An ammeter has ____________ resistance, so that it passes maximum
current through it.
C) Very less
D) Very high
95. Which are the BRIC countries?
A) Brazil, Russia, India and Canada
B) Brazil, Russia, India and China
C) Britain, Russia, India and China
D) Britain, Russia, India and Canada
96. Two trains 100 m and 80 m in length are moving in the same direction,
with speeds 51 m/s and 42 m/s respectively. In what time will they cross each
A) 30 seconds
B) 20 seconds
C) 25 seconds
D) 18 seconds
97. If 'PEOPLE' is coded as 'PLPOEE', how is 'TREND' coded?
98. If '+' means '-', '-' means '+', '÷' means 'x' and 'x' means '÷', then
18 x 3 ÷ 4 - 5 + 3 = ?
99. In some machines, why is using oil as a lubricant not advisable?
A) Oil sometimes increases friction
B) Oil makes the movement of the parts tough
C) Oil makes the machine parts and the whole place dirty
D) Sometimes oil leaks into the parts of the machine causing undesirable
obstruction of working
100. Which of the following will best complete the relationship given below?
BAT : YZG :: EMU : ?
1. (d), 2. (b), 3. (c), 4. (b), 5. (a), 6. (c), 7. (d), 8. (b), 9. (d), 10. (b)
11. (b), 12. (a), 13. (a), 14. (b), 15. (c), 16. (b), 17. (b), 18. (a), 19. (d),
21. (b), 22. (a), 23. (c), 24. (a), 25. (a), 26. (b), 27. (a), 28. (b), 29. (a),
31. (b), 32. (c), 33. (b), 34. (b), 35. (d), 36. (b), 37. (d), 38. (c), 39. (d),
41. (b), 42. (a), 43. (c), 44. (d), 45. (b), 46. (d), 47.(a), 48. (d), 49. (c),
51. (b), 52. (c), 53. (b), 54. (d), 55. (c), 56. (b), 57. (c), 58. (c), 59. (c),
61. (d), 62. (d), 63. (a), 64. (d), 65. (d), 66. (c), 67. (d), 68. (c), 69. (d),
71. (b), 72. (b), 73. (a), 74. (b), 75. (b), 76. (c), 77. (b), 78. (a), 79. (b),
81. (a), 82. (a), 83. (b), 84. (c), 85. (b), 86. (b), 87. (b), 88. (d), 89. (d),
91. (b), 92. (a), 93. (a), 94. (c), 95. (b), 96. (b), 97. (d), 98. (d), 99. (d),