Directions: In each question below a sentence with four words printed in
bold type is given. These are numbered as (a), (b), (c) and (d). One of these
four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the
context of the sentence. Find out the word, which is wrongly spelt or
inappropriate, if any. The number of that word is your answer.
1. The income (a)/of many people in rural
(b)/India is not adequate (c)/to satisfy (d)/their basic needs.
2. He is always (a)/prompt (b)/in caring (c)/out
3. The revized (a)/rates (b)/of interest will be
effective (c)/immediately (d)
4. Such transactions (a)/are quiet (b)/
expensive (c)/ and time consuming (d)
5. The guidelines (a)/of the new scheme (b)/are
expected (c)/ to be finally (d)