RRB Technical Jobs 2014: Centralised Recruitment No: CEN
ONLINE applications are invited from eligible Indian
Nationals for the following posts of Junior Engineer, Depot Material
Superintendent, Chemical &Metallurgical Assistant, Senior Section Engineer,
Chief Depot Material Superintendent. Applications complete in all respects
should be submitted only ONLINE to the Railway Recruitment Board till 23.59 hrs
of closing date.
The lower and upper age limit indicated for a particular
post(s) in the vacancy table will be reckoned as on 01.01.2015. The upper age
limit is relaxable as under, subject to submission of requisite certificates:
1. By 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
2. By 3 years for OBC candidates.
3. No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against
4. For Ex-Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in Defence, plus 3
years, provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
5. By 5 years for candidates who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of
Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
6. By 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) (13 years for OBC and 15
years for SC/ST)
7. Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially
separated from husband but not remarried shall be 35 years for Unreserved, 38
years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
8. For serving Group ”C” and erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour
and Substitutes, the upper age limit will be up to 40 years for Unreserved
candidates, 45 years for SC/ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates,
provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken
spells). For those working in Quai-Administrative offices of the Railway
organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and institutes,
the relaxation in upper age limit will be up to the length of service rendered,
subject to a maximum of 5 years.
Candidates should have requisite Educational/Technical
qualifications (as indicated in the vacancy table) from recognized
Board/University /Institute as on the date of submission of the ONLINE
application for this Centralized Employment Notice. Those awaiting results of
the final examination need NOT apply. Candidates who have obtained
diploma/degree through distance mode except AMIETE are not eligible to apply
1. No examination fee for candidates belonging to
SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/ Persons with Disability (PWD)/ Women/Minorities and
Economically Backward Classes having annual
family income less than Rs. 50,000/-
2. For Unreserved/OBC Male candidates not coming within the
purview of minority/economical backward classes/PWD/Ex-Servicemen, examination
fee is Rs. 100/- for all categories.
3. The examination fee is non-refundable. It should be paid ONLINE using
internet banking or debit/credit cards (service charges apply for all other
banks, other than SBI, which will be borne by the candidates) or can be paid
through challan in any branch of SBI or computerized Post Office Pay-In-Slip. If
the payment of the fee made through a challan at SBI branch or computerized Post
Office Pay-In-Slip (Service Charges apply), the receipt of the same should be
preserved. The same can be called for verification at the time of Document
4. Applications not accompanied with examination fee, wherever required, will be
1. The recruitment process for the post(s) notified in this
Centralized Employment Notification is based on Single stage written examination
followed by verification of original documents.
2. Selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of written examination.
3. The Question papers shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The questions
paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages as indicated in para
4. There shall be negative marking in written examination and marks shall be
deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
5. Candidates should read the instructions on the cover page of Question
Booklet, OMR Answer Sheet and e-Admit Card carefully and follow them
scrupulously. Failure to comply with the instructions may lead to non-evaluation
of OMR answer sheet.
6. Duration: - Duration of the examination will be 120 minutes.
7. Based on the performance of candidates in the written examination, candidates
equal to the number of vacancies are called for document verification in the
main list. In addition, 30% extra candidates are also called as standby.
However, they are considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in
empanelment from the main list. During document verification, candidates will
have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given
and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates
on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited.
8. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite
Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final
verification of educational and community certificates and verification of
antecedents/character of the candidates.
How To Apply:
1. Candidates can apply to any one RRB (separately for SSE
and/or JE group, depending upon their eligibility) only through ONLINE
application mode by visiting the website of RRB concerned. The websites of RRBs
is given in Para 15. Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the
instructions available on the website of RRB and in this notification. The onus
is on the candidate to prove that all the information provided/submitted by
him/her in the application is true.
2 Candidates are required to go to the link provided for
filling ONLINE application and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA, fee paid
etc. carefully. They are also required to exercise their option/preference for
Category No(s). & Railway/Production Unit.
3. The examination fee (unless exempted) should be paid
ONLINE using internet banking or debit/credit cards (service charges apply for
all other banks, other than SBI, which will be borne by the candidates) or can
be paid through challan in any branch of SBI or computerized Post Office
Pay-In-Slip (service charges apply). If the fee made through a challan at SBI
branch, the receipt should be preserved. At the time of Document Verification,
the same can be called for verification. After making payment of fee relevant
details are required to be filled in the prescribed column of the ONLINE
4. Candidates are required to take a print-out of blank
“Template” provided on the link and affix their colour photograph (size 3.5cm x
3.5cm), Signature (in English or in Hindi), Left Thumb Impression at appropriate
place (Ridges of the thumb impression must be clearly visible). They are also
required to copy the prescribed declaration in their own running handwriting
(not in capital / spaced out letters), with blue or black ball point pen (not in
pencil, fountain pen or gel pen), in the space provided to the extent possible.
5. Thereafter, the duly filled “Template”, complete in all
respect (including colour photograph, signature, left thumb impression and
declaration) should be scanned (in colour JPEG format, 100 DPI and size of the
file should lie between 100Kb and 200Kb) and uploaded. Candidates need NOT send
any application printouts or certificates or copies to RRB concerned by post.
The candidature of the candidates will be considered only on the strength of the
information furnished in the ONLINE application.
6. During submission of ONLINE application, a Registration
Number will be issued to each applicant. Candidates are advised to preserve/note
their Registration Number for further stages of recruitment process /
correspondence with RRB concerned.
Courtesy: RRB Rachi