Free Study Material For RRB Examination
Subject : Mathematics (Problems on Trains)
1. A train moves past a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m
long in 8 seconds and 20 seconds respectively. What is the speed of the train?
(a) 75 km/hr
(b) 82 km/hr
(c) 79 km/hr
(d) 79.2 km/hr
2. A train takes 18 seconds to pass completely through a
station 162 m long and 15 seconds through another station 120 m long. The length
of the train is:
(a) 73 m
(b) 92 m
(c) 90 m
(d) 100 m
3. How many seconds will a 500 metre long train take to
cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train
if the speed of the train is 63 km/hr?
4. A jogger running at 9 kmph alongside a railway track is
240 metres ahead of the engine of a 120 metre long train running at 45 kmph in
the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
(a) 38 sec
(b) 20 sec
(c) 36 sec
(d) 72 sec
5. A train 110 metres long is running with a speed of 60
kmph. In what time will it pass a man who is running at 6 kmph in the direction
opposite to that in which the train is going?
(a) 8 sec
(b) 6 sec
(c) 7 sec
(d) 12 sec
NEW! UPLOAD ADMIT CARD